Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The best job I have ever done!

Today, it was our (oğuzhan and I) turn to give a lesson about the topic that was given previously-Language and Learning. First, I was worried about how I can narrow it as it is a broad subject. Later, I had managed to organize it by dividing into three major subtopics. I think our presentation was good, because we achieved to get our peers' attention during the 50minutes lesson. We had also two guests, one of them was our instructor of the other course which we take and the other guest was one of our peers from the other courses. Although, I had such an  experience in giving the lesson in my other courses, it was very different and also it was the best among the others. I felt very good and confident during the lesson as we could engage the everybody in the lesson with the activities. Moreover, to see that everybody understood the each point which I talked about made me feel  that I achieved my goal.
I  always think that ''how a teacher can gain all students' attention and engage them in the lesson?'' I am wondering about it because in my opinion it must be the main goal of the teaching. I remember that when I was in high school, I was not really interested in some lessons as they weren't getting my attention. Today, I understood that not the lesson that couldn't get my attention, but the teacher. I have decided to research on that issue in more depth to learn much more ways I can manage the classroom successfully as in today. I believe that by this way I will become an effective teacher...
http://712educators.about.com/od/discipline/tp/disciplinetips.htm
The link above gives some good  tips in managing classroom successfully. This is the first step of my research about that issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment